Posted on September 14, 2012
SolarActive® color changing manicure using Ruby Wing™ color changing nail polishes
Have you ever wondered how to get a great SolarActive® color changing manicure and two colors out of one bottle? Here are step by step results for those of you that polish your nails at home. Ruby Wing™ color changing nail polishes are great since you don’t need to change your color, to actually change your color! Sounds funky, well it’s not!
- Remove – Take off old color with polish remover and a cotton ball by gently dabbing nails. It’s important to cleanse the nail bed before applying a color. Any residual oils on your nails will cause the polish not to adhere as well as it should.
- Trim – Cut and file your nails to your preferred length. A double-sided emery board is ideal for filing nails. The sides of nails should not be filed, as this can weaken nails and make them prone to breaking. To get the perfect curve, just mirror your cuticle shape. (that’s the most difficult part of this manicure!)
- Soak – Rest your hands in a bowl of warm water for five minutes. Add two tablespoons of a bath powder, or your favorite liquid soap to soften nails. Make sure the water’s not too hot or it will dry out your hands and nails.
- Buff – Gently rub nails all over with a buffer block. This will create a matte nail surface, which is the ideal base for color adhesion.
- Soften – Apply cuticle oil directly to your cuticles and massage into the cuticle and nail bed.
- Push – Use a cuticle stick to gently press cuticles back.
- Polish – Apply a base coat first. Then apply two thin coats of your favorite Ruby Wing™ SolarActive® color changing nail enamel. This nail preserving strategy provides the best-looking color with the most amount of protection for your nails. Using a base coat will keep your nails from turning yellow. Finish up with a fast drying top coat to protect polish from chipping and fading.
Try Ruby Wing™ color changing Nail Lacquers and you will get two colors all in one! 4 free of Toluene, formaldehyde, camphor and DBP. It’s Vegan too!
Visit http://www.solaractive.com or call us at 818 996- 8690 for other great color changing products or to inquire about retail distributorship.